Wednesday, March 9, 2011

FAKE I.D. (Massachusetts Pop/Punk)

Fake I.D. was a pop/punk band from Raynham, Massachusetts that existed around 2000-2002 or so. They played in the New Found Glory/Blink 182 style that was popular during those years. I found out about them because the guitarist Brent Mulligan was the designer of my old website, poppunk.com. I made the trip up to Mass once to see them play and was impressed. The boys pumped out a number of catchy tunes. I'm not sure what happened or why they disbanded, but I know I had high hopes for them at one point.

Included in the zip file linked below is their 5 songs that they released on a split CD with bands Go48, and Carpet Patrol, Their Spring 2001 demo, and a bunch of Rough Demos that I don't believe ever got mixed or released. Enjoy !

http://www.mediafire.com/?if5lb8cjtk2t9bc

3 comments:

krik4life said...

this band was sick!! P.U.N.X. forever! Not sure what happened to them but they were punk as hell. great memories of cops busting up their shows at knights of columbus hall.

RyanJenkins said...

thanks for posting this. I grew up in worcester area and remember seeing this band in highschool and finally found your blog with some of their music!

june! said...

Members of Fake ID in 2003 formed the band The Receiving End Of Sirens. Proof link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Receiving_End_of_Sirens