Monday, October 13, 2008

Burgerama - Punk Oldies Covers Compilation

















Back in 1997 I had the idea of putting out a compilation of punk bands doing 50's and 60's covers. It was suppose to be released in 1998, then got delayed to 1999, and then.... never got released at all. The reasoning? Partly funding issues, but the main reason was that by the time I actually got all of the tracks from the bands, 1/2 of the bands on the compilation had already broken up. It got tossed to the wayside.... until now that is. For your listening pleasure I present to you, "officially" for the first time... "BURGERAMA". Complete with the original half done cover art at the top of this post. (It was suppose to be full color).

Track list:

1) Racer Ten - Please, Please Me (The Beatles)
2) Shower With Goats - Pretty Little Angel Eyes (Curtis Lee)
3) Ridiculum - At The Hop (Danny and the Juniors)
4) Fiber - Leader Of The Pack (Shangri-La's)
5) Less Than Jake - Teenager In Love (Dion & the Belmonts)
6) Blankface - I Think We're Alone Now (Tommy James & the Shondells)
7) Yermomlluvus - We Belong Together (Richie Valens)
8) 78 RPM's - Be My Baby (The Ronettes)
9) Speedbump - Stay (Maurice Williams & The Zodiacs)
10) Velour 44 - Rock N' Roll Is Here To Stay (Danny and the Juniors)
11) Go Real Slow - In The Still Of The Night (The Five Satins)
12) Operation Cliff Clavin - Blue Moon (The Marcels)
13) Supermarket All Stars - It's My Party (Lesley Gore)
14) Makeshift - La Bamba (Richie Valens)
15) Skam Impaired - Yakety Yak (The Coasters)
16) The Peacocks - Listen To Me (Buddy Holly)
17) Resurgents - Let's Go Steady Again (Neil Sedaka)
18) Santiago 301 - Bongo Twist (Vince Castro)
19) Blackhead - Maybe Baby (Buddy Holly)

Enjoy.

http://www.mediafire.com/?l9dtxp19nz47blr

(Editors note: Yeah... some of the covers are "horrible". But if anything, they're worth a laugh.)

8 comments:

jeffen said...

I'll give it a spin - considering how many awful punk comps glutted the mid-90's I'm already sure it won't be amongst the worse.

Good work here so far.

http://musicruinedmylife.blogspot.com/

Posi Jeff the Record Guy said...

I'm not a fan of the whole cover album concept, but this was really good! I like the 50's and 60's covers of songs. There is also a comp on negative progression like this called "goodies but oldies" thats pretty hard to find as well.

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting this!

I was in Racer Ten and we lost our recording of this song, so I was super glad to finally hear it again!

Sorry the comp never came out, I was never the one in contact with anyone so I never knew what came out and what didn't.

Anyway, thanks again!

L-Train said...

I have one to add: The Fulham Furies - These Boots Are Made For Walkin' (Nancy Sinatra)

jennib420 said...

Can any one tell me who did the punk cover for THAT THING YOU DO and OVER THE RAINBOW?

epitaphdave79 said...

This was fun to be a part of

www.facebook.com/santiago301.

Unknown said...

is there anymore songs made by speedbump i really want to hear more of them

Carl said...

Am super excited knowing a legit company who offered me Authentic Passport & Driver License it's been an amazing experience since then. They are best of the best, you can contact them directly from thier website.

Website: Passport-driverlicenceonline.com