Thursday, October 9, 2008

Fiber (NJ Female Fronted Punk Band)















Fiber existed in central New Jersey between 1997 and 1998 and delivered amazing female fronted pop/punk with a punch. The band consisted of Vocalist Paula Lemme, "Shower With Goats" bass player Mike Nichols on Guitar, Jeff Gelt on Bass, and Dave Brown on drums.

The band was virtually unknown outside of central New Jersey, despite touring the East Coast with "Shower With Goats" in 1998. They made one professional recording, a 7 song, self-titled demo tape which was released in small quantities, mainly to friends and people who signed their mailing list on the SWG tour.














After you listen to this recording, you'll be left wondering why Fiber never got signed to Fat Wreck Chords, or Epitaph. I know I did.

http://www.mediafire.com/?3815b4or8g8thwg

2 comments:

Avi said...

oh shit! i still hum one of these songs to myself all the time, haven't listened to the tape in ages.. thanks for posting it!
I'm trying to remember the other bands you got me into... Speedbump? or um.. fuck I can't remember which ones I really liked. I'm looking forward to keeping up with this blog, thanks for sharing

Posi Jeff the Record Guy said...

Another great demo! Kinda said this band never caught on.